Skip to main content

Broken Heart

 

Broken Heart

I look into blank space

With tears rolling down my face

It’s hard to imagine why I’m this sensitive

I hate how fragile my heart can be

 

These, I told him right from the start

Mind how you treat it once I give you my heart

He promised heaven and its sweetness

And all I see was his goodness

 

And “BOOM” I fall deeply in love

Leaving my heart down at his feet

He starts to cradle and I feel safe

And I think to myself, oh how I love this feeling

 

But with time he becomes careless with it

And it starts to crack a tiny bit

I call out and say “look what is happening”

But he says “no you’re just imagining”

 

It happens once, twice and I stop counting

But I pray and hope that it stops

For this I cherish, I do not want to lose

I’ve got it on me like tattoos

 

I complain, I cry and I want it to work

I know love comes with its Thorne of roses

Maybe he cares but doesn’t want to show

I wish he does to make me glow

 

But one thing that is he does not know

All he’s doing is making me tough

Tough, strong, and cold

Ready to fold

 

Eventually, the time comes when I am numb

Too numb to care if he exists

And then he begins to plead for yet another chance

You had lots of them, but now it's too late


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scarred Face

Meghan and I have this unspoken rule, we never call each other except in emergencies. A text always suffices for our conversations. So when my phone buzzed and I picked it up to see ‘Meg’ as the caller, my heart skipped. An unsettling feeling began welling inside me as I picked the call. "Cassandra have you heard?" she sounded very apprehensive. And did she just call me Cassandra? Something horrible had definitely happened. Meg never calls my full name unless she’s angry or there’s trouble. It’s always ‘Cass’.  "heard what? what are you talking about?" my voice was shaky, I didn't realize how fast I was breathing already. "it's on the news, he's out!".  My heart started pounding at an increasingly rapid pace. “You have to…..”, she began saying before she was lost to the extremely loud static noise. “Hello, Meg! Hello!”, I said, raising my voice and anxiously expecting to hear her complete her last statement. Suddenly, the

Bended Knees

I had just finished with my book club meeting and was descending the escalator. Just when I’m about getting off it, this hunky guy bumps into me. And no, it didn’t happen like in the movies, there was no looking into each other’s eyes or sparks circling over our heads or any of those love at first sight movie nonsense. It was the complete opposite. I lost my balance and fell with my butt hitting the ground hard. I heard something snap like what you hear when cracking a knuckle. I didn’t think much about it until I tried pushing my weight off the ground, that was when this piercing sharp pain erupted from my right leg and halted my movement. Great! I just dislocated my knee for the second time this year. There I was sitting on the floor, screaming and cursing out in pain. The poor guy must have been terrified because I kept on hurling insults at him. Don’t blame me, I was hurting and it didn’t help that a small crowd had already gathered and there were a lot of ‘sorries and